Friday, April 8, 2011

Noah's 1st Birthday recap (5/8/2010)

I decided today would be a good day to create a super long post detailing Noah's first birthday party since today marks one month until his 2nd birthday.  I know, I'm a little late.  I got away from blogging for such awhile and I kept saying I was going to blog about his party to give credit to the lovely ladies that helped me.....and yet, life was too much for me at the time to even think about blogs. So, here goes. 

When I sat down and started trying to figure out what theme I wanted I knew of course it would be Noah's Ark.  I came across a super duper talented baker at Blue Cupcake.  They had the most beautiful tower of cupcakes ever.  Please, when you visit their site search "noah's ark". 

From then on it was a must that the party centered around these cupcake toppers from Blue Cupcake.  I searched and searched and I was so amazed at how big the party world was.  I definately didn't want a "go to the store and buy a party...kinda party".  I found Jenn's blog and fell in love.  She always has the cutest parties for her 3 boys.  I especially loved the party she threw for her Noah on his first birthday, just a few months before my Noah's birthday.  She gave me so many cute ideas about where to find things and what to have on hand to preoccupy the little ones.  I was introduced to Dani of dani notes and she designed my little ones party logo. 
Isn't it adorable!

I made homemade suckers and marshmellow pops (seen above)


These are the take home favors for the little people (idea from Jenn Koehler)  with Noah's other precious stickers on them.  Favor box along with paper straws (not seen due to horrible wind) are from Think Garnish

I bought a shadow box and put Noah's invitation in the center and had Dani send me some blank circle labels for people to sign and place around the invitation


I got this idea from polkadots & pirates

Here's a photo of the cupcake tower with the homemade suckers on the left side

Noah really enjoyed his party.  He got tons of presents and we celebrated with great friends and family!
I have tons more I could share, but I will leave with a photo of me and my one year old boy...can't believe in a month he will be 2.  TIME FLIES.  I am cherishing every single moment with my Noah.


All photos are by Photography by Becky Morehead

1 comment:

Bekka said...

Love this post! I already catch myself thinking about Liam's party next February. :) I'm going to check out these links.