Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Three months until Noah's 2nd Birthday




 
This is just a couple quick little snapshot I took of Noah before he headed off to daycare this morning.  Today, February 8, 2011 marks three months until Noah turns two years old.  For those of us who like to tell our little one's age in months....he's 21 months old today. 
I really have never been good at keeping up with every single little milestone he has passed.  I have written things down and filled in his baby book, but I wanted to be that mom that kept up with every single little detail of his life, day to day.  I ended up not being able to do that.  I have had such a busy life since Noah came into the world.  Not only because I became a mommy, but, because, I help run a business.  So...I decided today would be the day that I would sit down and blog about all the sweet and funny things Noah is doing and saying right now.  I wanted to definately try to compile these things right now before he hit the BIG TWO! :)  I have gained inspiration from other momas like this sweet moma, who are doing their best to document their sweet babe's every move.

So here goes....
At 21 months, just 3 months shy of Noah's second birthday he says just about everything he hears.  He is learning to use manners by saying "Please" and "Thank you".  He says "Bless You" when you sneeze.  He is learning the alphabet and points at the "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" wall mural above my and Wesley's bed and says "b,c,d,e,f,g".  This is a step up from the "6, 7" he use to say when he would point at it.  He love, love, loves to read and always has since we have read to him since he was a few months old.  Last week at daycare they had pajama Thursday and the kidlets got to bring books and a stuffed animal (Noah took his 'If I had Wings' book and his 'Row, Row, Row your Boat' books and his stuffed Barney).  Another child brought 'Pete the Cat: I love my white Shoes' and now that is his favorite book.  I ordered it for him, but it hasn't come in yet.  However, we watch it on You Tube.  It has a music CD that comes with it...which is perfect for Noah, cause that boy looooves to sing and dance.  When we are saying our dinner blessing or nighttime blessing he always says "amen" and if Daddy isn't paying attention he says Daddy! Listen! please.   Right now, his favorite word is "no".  Which, his Daddy and I do not like.  We follow up with an "excuse me" and he usually will say no ma'am.

Noah, absolutely loves being outside...no matter the weather.    He loves to feel like he is helping me or Wesley. He loves his shovels and pails and loves to play in the dirt.  When he's inside he likes to watch Barney (which he was saying Balley now Bahney), Sesame Street (he calls this teet), Toy Story (aka Buzz), How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey (Ginch) and many more.  He's not a couch potato but he loves his certain little shows.  His favorite toys right now are his light up sword we got from going to the James Island Co Park at Christmas, his Buzz Lightyear figurine, his talking plush Woody, and his Barney.  He has a playhouse that he got for Christmas that has a mailbox on the outside of it and I always try to put little goodies or prizes in there for him.  He loves checking his mail.
We have a car DVD player that helps his Daddy when he gets picked up from daycare everyday.  Wesley said Noah has started fighting him about getting in his carseat and the TV has been the reason he cooperates.

Noah is still very attached to me...he has kinda always been a moma's boy.  I am not complaining...I love it!  However, he has warmed up to other family members and friends, too.  He loves to talk about his GiGi (my mom) and G Daddy and Molly (he adores my parent's gigantic German Shepherd).  My parent's love to hear him call Molly (Miley).  He hasn't decided what he's going to call my sister yet.  Her name is Christina but sometimes he says Kiss Tina, Aunt Nina, or Aunt Edi (her nickname).  He can plainly say my brother's name....Nick.  He loves seeing his Grams and Grandpa (pepaw). 
My husbands family is pretty big but he loves his Memaw and Gdaddy, too.  He adores my nephew Kevin...for some reason he calls him Mark.  It's sweet, though.  He adores the daycare he goes to and comes home talking about some of the children there.  I can tell he really likes playing with Tyler and he loves to talk about Sue Sue (Susan) the owner of the daycare.  He has a few friends outside of daycare that he likes to talk about from time to time...Riley is the friend he has played with the most.  He just got to play with Riley the other Friday when Noah had to come to work with me all day.  Stacey, Riley's mom, thankfully, let Noah come play while I got some work done.  When I picked him up Riley cried and as we were leaving Noah said, "Riley kywin (crying)?"



Noah loves to eat certain foods.  He definately has a sweet tooth.  I am happy that he loves fruits and veggies.  His favorites are oranges, peaches, grapes, baked beans.  He loves rice and pasta.  He, also, like his moma, loves pizza. 
He asks for ice cream about every single night...so I buy fat free frozen yogurt and always try to keep sprinkes on hand. 

Noah always asks for "pinkles". He loves little toy story fruit snacks and marshmellows, too.

Noah wears a 2T in his tops and 18-24 months in the bottoms.  He likes to help pick out his clothing...even his pajamas.  He loves to have bubble baths and to color with his bathtub crayons (keywans). 

There are a million other things I could write down.  Every single day Noah does not cease to amaze me.  He is such a wonderful, beautiful, smart little boy, and I thank God every day that he has blessed me to be that sweet boy's moma




6 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! I'm sure once D gets a little older we won't do our "watch me grow" posts as often. Noah is precious as can be :)

Mel said...

Loved reading all about little Noah! He is soooo cute:)

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

What a little cutie you have! Thanks for stopping by my blog, let me know if you end up making anything with your stash of flowers. I would love to see it! :-)

Jillian Deiling Cassity said...

I loved reading all about Noah!! :D He sounds so smart and fun! Love it! Oh, his favorite word is ALWAYS going to be "no" by the way. It's still Alex's fav! :D
He is sooo cute, I love all of your pics of him!! I'm so glad that you want to jump into scrapping again!! I know it must be so so hard running a business and being a mommy to scrap, but I hope you find some time! You know ive sure missed your scrapping! I bet you have about a million pics of noah to scrap now! hehe.

Michelle Clement said...

Aaw..what a cutie!! :)

Bekka said...

I love this post! He sounds like a total sweetie.