Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

So I decided that I would go ahead and try to stay on top of blogging. Since I opened this account I haven't really been a good blogger. The top lo is one that I made for my sweet friend Jill. Right now the poor thing is sick, so get better soon, honey!!! We did a swap like forever ago and she made several awesome lo's for me. Well, I was a retard and uninstalled my printer and couldn't find the install software to print her pics out. So....I stole this one from her flickr account so I could make her one.
This lo is called "Click". I told my photographer after the ceremony was over that during our first kiss that it sounded like the paparazzi was after us....all I could hear was his camera going off like mad.
This last lo is my take on the OLW's word TIME. I used the lovely Kitty Robot kit, along with American Crafts and Hambly papers to create this. To embellish it I cut out a felt cloud and used Shabby Chic and Elle's tags. The title of this is "Time Stood Still". Really, for me that day time did stand still. It really was magical!

I have two, non-scrappy stories to share.

1- I work in a mechanics shop...a very, very clean shop. It really is like spotless. Well, anyways, the hubs works here too and he pointed out a little mouse to me the other day trying to build a nest out in the shop. It was soooo tiny, like the size of a quarter. Anyways, I left food for her...I know, I can't help it...I love all little creatures. Well, my boss found out about her and said he was going to get rid of her and I begged him not to kill it. He complained but as far as I know she is still alive.....Get this, it poops in the toilet!!! Not once, but twice when my boss was going to use the bathroom he called me in there and there was mouse poop all in the toilet...how crazy is that!!!!???

2- My husband loves racing. He is a super big Jeff Gordon fan. Well, Sunday is race day. I care nothing about it myself. So I am in the kitchen frying french fries and I decide while that batch of fries is on I'll go shower. I went to take a shower...all the way across the house from the living room. I am in there washing when I hear this loud cursing and banging around and my first thought is that Wesley went to check on the food and burned himself or spilled the hot grease...so I jump out, soaking wet, tracking water everywhere, naked and run across the house yelling, "are you okay?" I get in the living room, where he is sitting on the couch, and say what is wrong? He said, "look at this replay, Jeff Gordon wrecked!" I was like you have got to be kidding me! I said, "you nearly gave me a heart attack over Jeff Gordan, I thought something was wrong!" These men with their sports!

On a last note...all of that complaining I did about not getting Ashley Wren's Rainbow Sushi kit...well, sistv has all of the papers back on sale. I didn't get the whole kit, but I did get the papers and labels and cards...so I am satisfied now!
Anyways, hope everyone has a good week...try to stay not sick...I am congested and sneezing argh!
xoxo

9 comments:

Asa said...

Yeah, i know what you mean with guys! I have a rally-maniac in my house and his can do the same sometime! :D I really like your wedding-LOs, not as "cheesy" as many!

Have a nice evening!

Holly Terra said...

LOVE those wedding LOs!
Fabulous!
XOX
H

DanielleQ said...

Just followed your comment from Q Tea Kits, wanted to let you know that QT Phone Gnome hasn't sold out :)

BTW I ADORE that 'Time' layout, just gorgeous!

AliciaSharp said...

Love your be-u-ti-ful LO's and your stories totally had me cracking up! Glad to see you blogging more!

Michelle said...

ahh...looove your wedding pages!! =) I saw the one with the black and white pic on Sis last night and fell in love with it!! =) And your mous story is too-cute!

Holly said...

Oh my! Those wedding photos of you are absolutely GORGEOUS! Especially the one with the back of your dress! I love the LO's you did with them too! Oh, and you most certainly can scrap that pic on my blog. Send me your e-mail addy, and I can send you the file. If you send me some of you, I can scrap those too. Maybe I could even use them for my first Label Tulip kit!

*fauve* said...

wowwwww,i love it ALL!And Jill looks way cute on that picture :D

Nikki_Wartho said...

Hey Amber I am so glad I found your blog!!! love all your latest layouts, so inspiring.
Thats so funny about the mouse! enjoy the rest of your week xx

Jill Deiling said...

aww, youre so sweeeet! I love my lo!! sorry i havent sent those pics to you, i am sooo freakin awful at mailing things, i just have no time!! I cannot WAIT until i move!! lol. ive barely been motivated to scrap either, bleh!
too funny about wesley and jeff gordon, hehe. thats a guy for you! i would do the same thing with the mouse too, i love mice. :) I would freak if your boss killed it!!
im sooo happy youre scrapping and blogging again, brightens my day. love ya!!!