Friday, September 14, 2007

Miss Kailyn

This is my sweet, little niece, Kailyn. Doesn't she look so sweet and precious sleeping? I took this photo of her on her first birthday, August, 4, 2007.
Right after she was born we went up to VA to see her. In the following months after that, her mom and dad came home for a few weeks so I felt like I got to see her so much. It was weird for me to have so much contact with a baby that I love so much. The last time I spent that much time with a little one was when my brother and sister were babies (they are 18 and 20 now). To be honest, it made me get baby fever a little bit. I felt like I bonded with Kailyn instantly. I was so excited to know Ashley was going to be having her. She is such a gorgeous baby! I will have to admit I took it kind of hard when they came home for her 1st birthday only because I was so use to being able to hold and snuggle with Kailyn from before. Well....now she was one, and she hadn't seen me in like 6 months....basically I was a stranger : ( She warmed up to me a little bit before they left. She really only wanted to be touched by her moma and no one else. So I am writing this basically because I am really excited to say that Ashley, Brian, and Kailyn will be moving home after the first of the year. I am really looking forward and hoping that I can get Kailyn to feel more comfortable with me again. I can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

TessaAnnWatte said...

Hi there!
She's most precious. I am so having baby fever lately. These little cuties make it hard to resist, huh?!?

Love your previous layout and your use of Tink Ink!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and I appreciate your comments over at my lil blog.

Take care!
XOXOXO
Tessa Ann

Jill Deiling said...

aww, she is sooo cute!! i bet shell warm up to you a lot more if youre around her more, that's how my son is too :)